Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access To MCNY Databases
- Authorized Users
- Only current MCNY students, faculty and staff, with a valid MCNY IT assigned usernamed and password, can access MCNY Library's online subscription databases.
- Students must access MCNY Library databases by using their Moodle username (NOT the IQMail username.
- Moodle usernames typically take the form of [full first name].[full last name]. e.g. joseph.smith.
- Look up your username and password here.
- MCNY Faculty and Staff must access MCNY Library databases using their MCNY network log-in (used for campus computers and email).
- Database Links and Descriptions
Library Apps For The iPhone
Linking To Library Resources
- If you would like to directly link to an article or report found in a library database, your link MUST have 2 parts. If you use just the link provided by the database, your students will not be able to access the content from off campus.
- First part: The library “proxy server”. This website is the gatekeeper that validates current MCNY students, faculty and staff for subscription database access. That link looks like this: https://ezproxy.mcny.edu/login?url=
- After url= comes the second part: the link from the database. DO NOT USE the link in your browser’s address bar; this is unique to the search you did to find the article. Instead, find the “Share” or “Permalink” option.
- Sometimes this will already include our proxy server; other times it won’t. If it does not, add https://ezproxy.mcny.edu/login?url= in front of it.
- A fully accessible database permalink should look something like this: http://ezproxy.mcny.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=2014-21244-001&site=ehost-live
- However, each database is a little different.
- If you need assistance, please contact Emma Moore (email@example.com ).
Library Apps For Droid Phones
For mobile access to your MCNY Library account.
For mobile access to MCNY Library e-books.
Guide To Installation and Use