Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Borrowing Privileges
- Authorized Borrowers
- Only current MCNY students, faculty, and staff may check out books from the circulating collection, or use reserve books.
- MCNY Alumni, College of New Rochelle students, and other authorized visitors may use books on the library premises only.
- Registration and Library Card
- All undergraduate and graduate students currently registered for classes; all current MCNY faculty members; and all MCNY employees are automatically registered or registered with the Library at the beginning of each semester.
- Your MCNY ID card, after registration, is your library card, and should be presented whenever a book is to be used or checked out.
- If you lose your ID, you must obtain another one in order to check out Circulating Books.
- For students who lost their MCNY ID but are currently registered for classes, Reserve books may be used if the student provides a valid Photo ID.
- Suspension of Borrowing Privileges
- If a user accrues over $5.00 in library fines, or 5 overdue books, their borrowing privileges will be suspended until payment of fines or return/replacement of the books.
- Graduation Requirements
- Students must pay all outstanding library fines in order to receive their degree.
- Circulating Collection (MCNY General Collection, New Books, Graphic Novels, Audrey Cohen Social Justice Collection, Display Items & Teacher's Resource Room):
- Out of Library Use, 30 Day Circulation Period.
- Books may be renewed one (1) time, for another 30-day period.
- Books can be returned at the Circulation Desk during standard library hours.
- Books can be renewed in person or on-line.
- All books are due back by the end date of each semester.
- Books borrowed within the last 4 weeks of a semester will therefore have shortened borrowing periods.
- Reserve Collection: In-Library Use Only, 2-hour Circulation Period.
- Print Magazines & Newspapers: In-Library Use Only.
- Reference Collection: In-Library Use Only.
- Circulating Collection: 15 cents per book, for each day overdue.
- Reserve Collection: 60 cents per book, for each hour over due. (Any time past 2 hour limit = 1 hour.)
- Fines are capped at $30.00 per book, for both circulating and reserve books.
- Lost Books
- If an MCNY Library book is lost, a replacement cost equal to the Amazon market price of the book will be assessed.
- This fine is addition to any existing overdue fines that have accrued.
- Users may a) pay the total amount of the fine or b) purchase a new copy of the book and provide it for the library.
- Further questions may be addressed to the Director of The MCNY Library.