Skip to main content
Why Create a Literature Review?
- provides an overview of established knowledge and ideas directly related to and organized around a specific research question
- provides professionals with a guide to the literature
- provide context and background for a research question
- provides credibility for the author's knowledge of the field
- helps to establish underpinnings behind the research are factual
- helps identify previous areas of scholarship to prevent duplication of research