Change the Chart Type
1. Click on an empty area of the chart to select the chart
2. Within the Design tab on the Ribbon, click the Change Chart Type in the Type grouping
3. The Chart Type dialog box will appear
4. Click a new chart type
5. Click OK
Update a chart with changed values
1. Open the worksheet that contains the data that is plotted in the chart.
2. In the cell that contains the value that you want to change, type a new value
3. Press ENTER - the chart will update automatically with the updated value(s)
1. Before creating charts, we need to create the data that will be plotted into our charts. To do this at the very simplest level, open an Excel workbook and insert basic labels into Column A and associated values into Column B.
2. Select this range of data (Click the First Cell in the Range of Cells you wish to Select and drag your mouse across the cells within the range.
3. From the Insert tab, navigate to the Charts group.
4. From the Charts group, select the type of chart you wish to insert from the icons
5. When you select a chart, Excel places it in the workshop
1. The Design Tab that appears once the chart is created will allow for formatting designs.
a. Within the Design Tab, the Chart Styles group will help you choose a visual style
b. Within the Design Tab, the Chart Layouts group will help you choose a chart layout that best visually depicts your data
Change legend and titles
1. Right-click on the legend box to select
2. A dialog box will appear
3. Choose "Select Data"
4. Another dialog box will allow you to select the legend titles
5. Select the legend titles and click the option to "Edit"
6. Replace with updated legend titles
Change chart title
1. Triple click the default title, "Chart Title" to select the title
2. Type your title over the highlighted selection